I have progressed on my PH sensor project. I have added temperature sensors (Dallas DS18B20) to measure air-temp and water-temp to augment the PH sensor. Next will be the addition of O2 absorption as well.
I am using the following:
- ESP8266 wifi board (for the microcontroller)
- 1x DS18B20 temperature sensor that is water proof for watertemp
- 1x DS18B20 temperature sensor that is going to be soldered to the project board for airtemp
- 1x ADS1115 16bit ADC to convert the analog signal from the PH sensor to digital
- 1x DC to DC voltage converter to handle the required 5v for the PH sensor (the ESP8266 is 3.3v)
- 1x 5v Analog PH Sensor
- Visual Micro (yes, I am a visual studio user. and I find that visual micro gives me much more than the Arduino IDE)
You can see the device at work. NOTE the PH of the water is very acidic. This is due to the fact that we had a lot of rain. I have to get the PH back up to about 6 for the lettuce to be happy.
After weatherproofing and hardening our prototype, we are then looking at feeding the data to an Azure IoT hub which we can then route that data to helpdesk, CRM, and field service systems for dispatching technicians to remedy any problems that could occur. As well as have data for BI reporting. Our integration tools for this type of thing can be seen at www.catalinatechnology.com